By Fei Yuan
Time-mode circuits, the place info is represented by means of time distinction among electronic occasions, supply a potential and technology-friendly capability to achieve mixed-mode circuits and platforms in nanometer complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) applied sciences. a variety of architectures of time-based sign processing and layout recommendations of CMOS time-mode circuits have emerged; even if, an in-depth exam of the rules of time-based sign processing and layout options of time-mode circuits has no longer been available―until now.
CMOS Time-Mode Circuits and platforms: basics and Applications is the 1st e-book to convey a accomplished therapy of CMOS time-mode circuits and platforms. that includes contributions from major specialists, this authoritative textual content includes a wealthy choice of literature on time-mode circuits and systems.
The ebook starts off via featuring a severe comparability of voltage-mode, current-mode, and time-mode signaling for mixed-mode sign processing and then:
- Covers the basics of time-mode sign processing, equivalent to voltage-to-time converters, all-digital phase-locked loops, and frequency synthesizers
- Investigates the functionality features, structure, layout recommendations, and implementation of time-to-digital converters
- Discusses time-mode delta-sigma-based analog-to-digital converters, putting an excellent emphasis on time-mode quantizers
- Includes an in depth learn of ultra-low-power built-in time-mode temperature size systems
CMOS Time-Mode Circuits and platforms: basics and Applications presents a important reference for circuit layout engineers, method engineers, graduate scholars, and others looking to grasp this fast-evolving field.
Read or Download CMOS Time-Mode Circuits and Systems: Fundamentals and Applications PDF
Best microelectronics books
This ebook starts with the fundamental ideas of circuits, derives their analytic homes in either the time and frequency domain names, and states and proves the 2 vital theorems. It then develops an algorithmic strategy to layout universal and unusual forms of circuits, resembling prototype filters, lumped hold up strains, consistent section distinction circuits, and hold up equalizers.
Unmarried and Multi-Chip Microcontroller Interfacing teaches the foundations of designing and programming microcontrollers that would be utilized in a large choice of digital and mechanical units, machines and platforms. purposes are vast, starting from controlling an vehicle to measuring, controlling and exhibiting your home's temperature.
Time-mode circuits, the place details is represented by way of time distinction among electronic occasions, supply a conceivable and technology-friendly ability to achieve mixed-mode circuits and platforms in nanometer complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) applied sciences. a variety of architectures of time-based sign processing and layout ideas of CMOS time-mode circuits have emerged; in spite of the fact that, an in-depth exam of the foundations of time-based sign processing and layout suggestions of time-mode circuits has now not been available―until now.
This quantity, quantity ninety one within the Semiconductor and Semimetals sequence, makes a speciality of defects in semiconductors. Defects in semiconductors aid to provide an explanation for numerous phenomena, from diffusion to getter, and to attract theories on fabrics' habit in accordance with electric or mechanical fields. the quantity contains chapters focusing in particular on electron and proton irradiation of silicon, aspect defects in zinc oxide and gallium nitride, ion implantation defects and shallow junctions in silicon and germanium, and masses extra.
- Multiferroic materials: properties, techniques, and applications
- Micromechatronics Modeling Analysis and Design with MATLAB
- Programming 16-Bit PIC Microcontrollers in C. Learning to Fly the PIC 24
- Customizable Embedded Processors: Design Technologies and Applications (Systems on Silicon)
Additional info for CMOS Time-Mode Circuits and Systems: Fundamentals and Applications
A time-mode integrated temperature sensor can also be realized using a temperature-dependent delay line whose delay is a linear function of temperature, a temperature reference line whose delay is independent of temperature and can be adjusted by changing its temperature setpoint, and a time comparator that discriminates the delay of the two delay lines. For a given temperature, the delay of the temperature reference can be made identical to that of the temperature-dependent delay line by digitally adjusting the delay of the temperature reference, that is, the temperature set point of the temperature reference line.
30) )>> It becomes evident that the arrangement of the polarity of the inputs of the two VCDLs maps a differential voltage to a differential time variable. Also, cascading 10 voltage-controlled delay stages provides a time amplification of 10, allowing a better detection of whether ΔτVCDL > 0 or not or equivalently vin > 0 or vin < 0. The price paid for the improvement of time accuracy through time amplification is the loss of speed. It should also be emphasized that since vin+ and vin- are applied to both VCDLs, the effect of mismatches between the two VCDLs is minimized.
Elsayed, M. Abdul-Latif, and E. Sanchez-Sinencio. A spur-frequency-boosting PLL with a −74 dBc reference-spur suppression in 90 nm digital CMOS. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 48(9):2104–2117, September 2013. )>> C. Ljuslin, J. Christiansen, A. Marchioro, and O. Klingsheim. An integrated 16-channel CMOS time to digital converter. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 41(4):1104– 1108, August 1994. )>> P. Dudek, S. Szczepanski, and J. Hatfield. A high-resolution CMOS time-to-digital converter utilizing a vernier delay line.